We are deeply concerned by the decision, made on March 2 by the Grand Chamber of the Supreme Court of Georgia, stating that the owner of Rustavi 2 shares will become Kibar Khalvashi (60%) and Ltd Panorama (40%).
In all three instances of judicial proceedings, as well as the final result, do not meet the requirements of an independent court decision and strengthens our doubts concerning the rough interference of the government in the decision making process.
We want to emphasize, that this decision damages not only the further democratic development of Georgia, but limits freedom of media, pluralistic media environment and threatens Euro-Atlantic integration process.
- Transparency International Georgia
- Civil Development Agency
- International Society for Fair Elections and Democracy
- Open Society Georgia Foundation
- Georgian Reforms Associates
- Atlantic Council of Georgia
- Georgian Farmers Association
- The Economic Policy Research Center
- Green Alternative
- Media Development Foundation
- UN Association of Georgia
- Georgian Democracy Initiative
- Regional Centre for Strategic Studies
- In Depth Reporting and Advocacy Center
- Union Safari
- Georgian Institute of Politics
- Voice from Georgia
- Institute for Development of Freedom of Information
- Society and Banks
- Media Advocacy Coalition
- Tolerance and Diversity Institute: TDI